Houston 18-Wheeler Accident Lawyer
Trucks are frequently utilized in the United States to move freight. Over nine billion tons of freight are moved on highways in the United States every year. The state of Texas sees the most trucking traffic, and for that reason, 18-wheeler accidents are dangerously common. Accidents involving these large trucks can be extremely harmful, and often times result in serious personal injury or wrongful death.
Houston 18-wheeler accident attorney, Sue E. West, is experienced in navigating through the complexities and difficulties of these types of accidents. The West Law Office carefully looks over every detail pertaining to the accident, making sure the accident report was correct, your rights were exercised, and that the trucking company followed Texas' guidelines, federal guidelines, and their own policies. In many18-wheeler accidents, the trucks did not follow federal safety regulations which results in extensive personal injury litigation.
Common Causes of 18-Wheeler Accidents Include:
- Mechanical failure or poor truck maintenance
- Driver fatigue or recklessness
- Blind spots
- Unsafe lane changes
- Road defects
- Driver is under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Insufficient driver training
- Overloaded truck
18-Wheeler Accident in Texas
If you have been involved in an 18-wheeler accident in Houston or Katy, Texas it is important to follow these steps accordingly:
- Seek medical attention immediately.
- Take and keep evidence from the accident. Evidence includes pictures of the scene, the vehicles, and people involved.
- Do not speak to an insurance company before consulting with an attorney. Recorded statements can and will be used against you in court. Make sure to consult with an experienced 18-wheeler attorney before making your statement.
- Contact Katy, Texas 18-Wheeler Accident Attorney Sue E. West at The West Law Office. We utilize all methods needed to ensure your rights are protected. Through effective communication with trucking and insurance companies, the police, witnesses, and your medical providers, we can determine how to proceed with your case.
Accidents involving an 18-wheeler can be extremely dangerous. If you have been involved in an 18-wheeler accident in Katy or Houston Texas, contact us immediately. Collisions with these vehicles can cause serious injuries, and often times death. Don't let the negligence of another party ruin your legal and driving rights.
Contact Houston Texas 18-Wheeler Accident Lawyer
Our experience in tractor-trailer accidents at The West Law Office will be your best chance of receiving the financial recovery you need. We know what to look for in an investigation, and know how to help you receive fair compensation for your pain, suffering, hospital bills, and lost wages. With extensive experience in 18-wheeler accidents involving driver fatigue, alcohol and drug abuse, defective equipment, speeding, and many other incidences, we will work hard get you the compensation you deserve.
If you or a loved one has been involved in an 18-wheeler accident, call for a free consultation today (281) 347-3247.